Monday, July 13, 2009
The ARWDC crew has packed up and moved to www.antirealworld.com.
Thanks for the good times, Blogger.
There will be a few hiccups as we move things over but we will be updating on
www.antirealworld.com for now on.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
So when you live across the street from the Real World house you end up going to the same places in the neighborhood. It's great to know that although RWers can go in the Secret Safeway and Rite Aid, no cameras are allowed. While the cameramen had to stay outside at least half the cast was inside following the directions of their "babysitter" (production guy who's not a cameraman but helps script the show). They were being instructed to buy a card game or board game and were stuck in the aisle with children's toys. Oh the poor teenagers who watch this show and this it's real - it's even more scripted than i thought.
Great timing to plug our Anti-Real World DC "Real" DC Photo Contest. Send us your best example of "real" DC by joining our Flickr Group and uploading photos that are tagged "RealDC"
PS Yes those are black and red checkered pajama pants that Emily is wearing.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
One woman beat another woman senseless on the ground for a full ten minutes as their friends said "let them fight!"
Best part had to be the security folks doing NOTHING and watching two girls go at it. Didn't do anything. Didn't try to break it up. Didn't call the cops. Did absolutely nothing. I guess they can't do anything because they're Park Police, right? Cars pulling up and shouting. Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria!
Can't wait for 4 more months of this!
It's actually still going on as I write this.
Friday, July 10, 2009
My friend and I asked to speak to a manager. Here's the scoop:
- The Sports Club corporate headquarters made the decision and passed it down to the General Manager, who is very sympathetic to her members, but can't do much to change it.
- No Real World cast or crew member is allowed to speak to you while at the gym. Management promised me that they will be reminded of this.
- They are only using the Dupont Circle WSC location (great...)
- They are not allowed in the locker rooms or spa downstairs.
- The gym cannot tell members what is being film, when it is being film, etc. so even if you call and ask if they're there, they can't tell you. (This is apparently some legal issue)
- They will not film you, but the waiver has been signed by corporate, so they can film whenever they want in the building.
I'd encourage readers to ask to speak to management. Be polite, file a complaint, and then call the member service department: 800-565-2692
Also, report them every single time they speak to you or get in your way. They were told, according to management, that they are absolutely not to disturb the members.